A Victorian Department of Health and Human Services partnership.
The Victorian and Tasmanian PHN Alliance is undertaking a statewide initiative to enhance primary care workforce capacity with a focus on improving lymphoedema diagnosis, management and support. The aim of the project is to support general practitioners to manage the care of people with chronic lymphoedema in the community, and better identify when hospital based services are required.
The key activities include the following:
- To develop evidence-based information on the diagnosis, assessment and ongoing care of people diagnosed with chronic Lymphoedema through HealthPathways.
- To develop referral criteria for hospital-based services to assist community based practitioners.
- To refresh and distribute CPD content and toolkit for community-based practitioners.
- Provider engagement and training
- Clinical support
- Lymphoedema localised care pathways
Richard Penberthy, Project Lead
Ph. (03) 9046 0350