A Victorian Department of Health and Human Services partnership.
Under the State Health Emergency Response Plan the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has a shared responsibility, with Ambulance Victoria, for managing health emergencies and for working with the emergency management sector, the health system and Victorian communities.
Through the Primary and Community Health unit, the Victorian and Tasmanian PHN Alliance assists with a primary health response and this is managed/coordinated through the DHHS Primary Health Liaison Officer.
Victorian PHN activities include:
- participation in local, regional and health service emergency planning;
- conduct the following in the event of an emergency:
- facilitating access to primary care providers in emergencies;
- establishing and facilitating communications with the primary care sector;
- providing intelligence on local factors affecting the delivery of primary healthcare in affected areas;
- working collaboratively with the department in the provision of recovery services following an emergency.
- Provider engagement
- Clinical support